Plumber Experts since 1978
Contact Gracie Barra Harrogate
10 Reasons To Join
10 REASONS TO TRY JIU JITSU
Here are ten reasons to give Gracie Barra Jiu Jitsu a try. We’re sure you’ll love it!
- GB Jiu-Jitsu is a truly exciting way to get fitBrazilian Jiu-Jitsu is often likened to a game of human chess. If you don’t like to work out at a gym because you get bored, you’re not alone. Many of our students were tired of going to the gym, and they couldn’t find new songs or audio books to entertain them on the treadmill. They found BJJ to be the perfect workout because it requires a high level of concentration proportional to the amount of calories burned and pounds lost. What’s more, you’ll still learn to defend yourself. It’s a win-win situation.
- GB people are committed to your progress in learningThe folks at GB make our school what it is, and you too will soon be one of us. You’ll be impressed by how committed each and every team member is to your learning. The instructors, staff and other students make our environment friendly yet demanding and challenging, which stimulates all of us to achieve our best.
- The renowned Gracie Barra structure makes your journey in learning smooth and enjoyableThe class structure is the trademark of all Gracie Barra Premium Schools. Classes start on time and adhere to a standardized curriculum and class structure. As a student, you know up front what is expected of you and have a clear understanding of what to expect from your instructors and training partners. The consistency of this structure combined with the creativity and innovation of our devoted instructors blend perfectly to facilitate your progress.
- GB Community will change your life foreverWhen you join Gracie Barra, you are not just getting classes. You become part of a community united by the ideals of the Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu lifestyle. Special classes and side events coupled with ordinary classes create a fun and exciting calendar of activities that you and your family will love to take part in.
- GB Fighting Techniques will be useful outside the mats, in real-life situationsYou don’t come to class just to learn how to fight. You also work hard toward mastering the underlying principles that allow you to succeed on the mats. When applied to your life off the mats, these principles can bring more balance to your routine and help you reach your true potential.
- You can train all over the worldThere are over 300 Gracie Barra schools worldwide. When you join a Gracie Barra school you are free to train at any location while traveling.
- GB is a Family for the Whole FamilyOne of the most unique characteristics about our schools is our family-orientated approach. Gracie Barra is proud to be a powerhouse with the most stalwart champions of world Jiu-Jitsu while still maintaining a training environment that is welcoming for the whole family: husband, wife and kids. At Gracie Barra, families find marvelous activities through which to spend quality time together.
- You will train in germ-free facilitiesCleanliness is a top priority. Our schools adhere to the strict standard of cleanliness and hygiene set by Gracie Barra. Our staff cleans the facilities constantly, and all GB uniforms are washed regularly. Our mats are cleaned on a daily basis with a specially designed cleaning agent that neutralizes bacteria, fungus and odors without detriment to the equipment.
- You couldn’t find a safer environmentStudent safety is our instructors’ primary goal. Training sessions are supervised at all times, and we have CPR-trained personnel on duty during every class.
- Our 30 years of experience assure you a link to our art’s rootsA certified Gracie Barra black belt instructor also responsible for teaching class supervises each school. Our team of instructors was trained in the teaching philosophy and methods of Master Carlos Gracie Jr., the founder of Gracie Barra. A legacy of over 30 years of teaching experience is at your service, so you don’t have to worry: you and your family are in great hands.